Alejandro Faurlin reveals despair over QPR promotion saga topic



QPR’s Argentine midfielder Alejandro Faurlin has revealed the despair he felt when complications with his transfer and registration which almost cost the club promotion to the Premier League.


Faurlin was at the centre of controversy last season when doubts about his eligibility for Rangers arose and an FA investigation was launched.


QPR's Alejandro Faurlin
QPR’s Alejandro Faurlin was deeply upset by the saga (Pic: PA)

It was thought that a points penalty – potentially costing the Loftus Road outfit their top spot in the Championship – could be an appropriate punishment.


The player suggested the issue left him feeling as though he had committed a murder.


Although Rangers were found guilty of two of the seven charges they faced, they were fined rather than docked points.


‘We were so happy it finished in the right way, otherwise I would have killed myself,’ said Faurlin.


‘Imagine how I would have felt if I had let down my team. It wasn’t about me, just about my contract. But my name was there and I really felt it.’


He added that, after learning of the FA’s decision not to remove points from Rangers’ 2010-11 tally, he burst into tears in the dressing room before the final game of the season against Leeds.


Faurlin is likely to be in action today when Rangers take on Chelsea in a west London derby on home soil.